We all have to start somewhere and it is great to use the free applications and tools that are out there. You don’t have to pay for everything when you are just starting your business. In fact, I think it is wise to start with the basic tools out there. You can always upgrade and you get a little insight on how some things run before spending money on them. Sometimes we jump the gun and buy something and then it doesn’t work for us. There are so many things out there, pick what is best for you. Here are some photographer business tips and my favorite five free tools for starting out. Now, only one of these is specifically related to photography, so stick around you none photographers.
Five Free Tools – Photographer Business Tips
- Goal Digger Podcast – Ok. Don’t just read this. All you lady entrepreneurs –> Stop!! and go subscribe to this podcast now. Jenna gives away so much free information to get you going and inspired. She will point you in so many directions and get you thinking about all the things for your business. She’s been there and done that, so she is sharing it with us all…for FREE! Seriously jump on it now.
- Wave Accounting – Wave accounting has been a part of my business since the beginning. There are great tools to get you started in the right direction for all your accounting needs. Trust me. You want to get your accounting stuff figured out in the beginning and not later down the road. Start your business off right. It is free. If you end up hiring employees, then you will have to pay for payroll services, but it is totally worth it. You need to use this photographer business tips. You really do.
- Pass Gallery – This one’s for you photographers out there. When you are starting out, you don’t have lots of money to put into all the things. Pass Gallery allows you to deliver your photos to your clients in a beautiful way. When you start making all the money, you can upgrade. It is a win win. I love the beauty of the gallery, the ease of use, and that your clients can print their images right in the gallery!
- Instagram – I know this one is a little wonky to put in the list, but I’m doing it anyways. I love Instagram. If I had it my way, I’d post like ten pictures a day. I don’t think everyone wants me to invade their screen that much. If you use Instagram to actually connect with people, inspire and bring joy, then it is a wonderful tool. It also allows you to get a lot of free advertising. You can target your dream client and share who you are all in one little fun app. Also, since I love photography, sharing my photos for the world to see just makes my heart happy.
- Linktree – I always have a million links that I want to share with all my Instagram followers, but you can only have one in your profile. That is why Linktree is amazing. I can put all the links that I want everyone to see in one beautiful page. I don’t have to constantly go in and switch my profile link around. You can list as many links as you want for your Instagram tribe to see. I kinda got all giddy went I set this one up. I just love the content I share. Having everyone get a chance to see it, makes me happy.
I hope you enjoyed these photographer business tips. Be sure to check out my other posts for inspiration or just for the fun of it!